Search This Blog

A Cry in the Darkness

As we slide further into the Conservative Abyss, a few of us who remember the New Deal and what having a real Middle Class have something to say to add fuel to the teabag fire.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Lying Oil and Gas Companies

The truth just tell the truth.  

 

Let's talk a bit more about the gas and oil industry.  I, like all Americans, love my cars. I love the freedom of going where I want when I want.  I don't like the traffic jams and I particularly don't like having to pay more and more for gas.  I don't like the potholes in the roads and the congestion.

 

Lately I really don't like the ridiculous heat that beats down on us; nor do I like the endless California drought.  I don't like the news stories warning that either global climate change is a liberal plot and not true, or that global climate change is real and is ruining the earth.

 

I don't like President Obama warning us all the time.

 

I smell a rat and its the oil and gas companies.

 

Why are we fracking so much?  No really, why so much?  Why are we drilling for oil in the Arctic?  

 

Why don't gas and oil companies tell us what their estimates are of oil reserves for the rest of the century.

 

Why don't we start building up our transportation system to allow trains and buses?  Why don't we have a choice like we USED to.

 

Right now, to get to San Francisco from Redding you only have two viable choices; by auto or by plane (and that is expensive).  Trains come in the middle of the night and it takes a day to get to San Francisco.

 

I am old enough to remember getting to San Francisco by train in six hours!

 

 

I suggest we all demand from the gas and oil industry a straight answer to the basic question:  How much is left?  How many years of full consumption do we have?

 

I think I know the answer; about fifty on a good day.

 

So, we are looking at the ravages of rising oceans and high temperatures along with running out of gas all at once.

 

And who is leading us that way?  Who resists every climate initiative?  Who lies to us all the time.

 

The gas, coal and oil industry.  

 

Why do they do that?  Why do they lie.  One answer; short sighted profit.

 

These guys are so evil they don't care.  That's right they don't care.  The corporate culture is so bereft of morality, profit rules EVERYTHING, that they constantly lie to the public about everything.  You can count on them to resist every government regulation; as they ruin the Arctic Ocean after they wrecked the Gulf of Mexico.  Have we forgotten that so soon?  They are banking on that.  They are evil!

 

I have an idea.  As we run out of gas, go to Shell Headquarters, take the bastards out of their office and HANG THEM!   I don't advocate that, but it WILL happen if people ever wake up to the way we are being used and lied to.

 

Why do they lie?  


No comments:

Post a Comment