Search This Blog

A Cry in the Darkness

As we slide further into the Conservative Abyss, a few of us who remember the New Deal and what having a real Middle Class have something to say to add fuel to the teabag fire.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Today I Spent Some Time

Today, after a nice (?) round of golf, I spend a very interesting hour talking with a very interesting person. I find out later, looking at his info, that he is a "tea party member".

He claimed to vote for Obama, but now is very critical of the President. I have a little problem with the first part of this.

Some personal criticisms were expressed.. I constantly reminded him of the lack of personal contact he had with the President. He didn't seem to mind these questions. Yet, he talked as if he knew Obama personally.

Personally? That implies a relationship that none of us has.

This points out the conservative criticisms of the President as if they somehow "know" the President. Huh???

That is ridiculous. None of us can possibly know the President personally.

Which points me to the observation of the ridiculous position the tea party has. They somehow know the President.. They know his mind. They know his motives.

I am a liberal. I never have professed to know the President. I would like to know him. I would like to have a couple beers with him. But, I don't know him.

So, how in the world can the "cons" "know him".

It is ridiculous. It is absurd.

Which sums up the cons position. Absurd, and ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment