Search This Blog

A Cry in the Darkness

As we slide further into the Conservative Abyss, a few of us who remember the New Deal and what having a real Middle Class have something to say to add fuel to the teabag fire.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Simple kindness

Yesterday, my wife told me my two daughters and herself planned an outing, (without me) to celebrate their birthdays. We all share March birthdays, my two daughters from a previous marriage, and me.

She asked if I minded.

I almost cried.

I lost my first wife about 15 years ago. We knew she was going to die for a long time.

Many things haunted me, scared me; especially the future and how I would be an only parent.

As my daughters have grown into women, with families of their own, my wife has easily, and lovingly moved into the role of their step-mother.

Yesterday, she moved into motherhood of us all.

I am blessed and love her so much. She helps me, she scolds me, she is my helper, my soul mate and she filles the void of love that my daughters miss so much.

I love her. Thank god for her simple kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment